Monday, July 4, 2011

Harry Potter's Last Battle


Since it's first book release in June 1997 and the first movie release in November 2001, the Harry Potter series and its author had gone a long way from unknown to phenomenal world wide. The name has been infamous, even been dubbed as the greatest of movie franchise of all time. For years, I have followed the craze and as the last part of the movie is coming to theaters a few weeks from now, I'm feeling a mixed emotion of thrill and sadness.



My friend, Allison, introduced me to the wonderful world of Harry Potter during my freshmen year at the University. Since then, we regularly awaited for the release of its books and movies. When I went to Macau which at the same time was the release of the last Harry Potter book, I roamed the streets of Taipa and traded my last Pataca in order to have the book - my first Bloomsbury edition. I was so thrilled it only took me almost 3 hours of constant reading just to finish the book.

Now exactly four years after that, it was funny to note that I'll be seeing the last part of the movie, not in my home country, but here in Kuwait. Checking the local movie theaters, I was glad to find out they even offer a Harry Potter movie marathon that would start today, July 4 for 1.5 KD at all Cinescape cinemas (360 Mall and The Avenues) while the much awaited movie will be shown on July 12 - the exact same date that it'll be released in the UK!

 
Finally, the countdown starts for one of the much-awaited movies of the year!



No comments:

Post a Comment