Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Traffic Penalties in Kuwait

Along 4th Ring Road (Salmiya-Hawally-Jabriya)
Road accidents are very common in this country. I remember the first time I passed 4th ring road to head out for a family dinner towards Arabian Gulf Street, we witnessed an aftermath of a car accident. It took us more than 20 minutes stuck on traffic that it caused but instead of being annoyed I felt sorry for the wrecked car (it was a small car hitting an SUV) and the people who were brought to the hospital by the ambulance team. But as I get myself immersed on the road etiquettes of drivers around this place, I was in shock. Seriously, who on their right mind would drive around with babies or toddlers on the driver's seat? Who would be sane enough by allowing their kids to play around the car windows while driving fast on the highway? Or who would be driving without knowing how to use car signals (tail lights for example) when overtaking or turning a different road? I'm definitely not an expert driver myself but I sure know the basics. But here..it's a totally different story. I have heard a couple of people (including my Dad) telling me that when you want to drive here, you need to always be on alert mode or else it's either you'll get hit or you'll be the one going to hit something.

Click to enlarge.
Anyway, since I thought this information is imperative when driving in Kuwait I do hope people would really find this traffic violations serious in order to minimize road accidents. It's obvious some people don't care much about the fines since this place is rich, but for the sake of those who wanted to live longer and avoid any accidents..I seriously hope and pray that drivers (everyone who has a car and license to drive here) will take this really, really, really, really seriously.


Image source credited to: q8hosp[dot]info


No comments:

Post a Comment