Saturday, December 24, 2011

Essence of Christmas

For the past two weeks, I have been utterly busy preparing for the presentation to represent our unit - Salmiya. Although we only had 3 days to do everything from brainstorming for a good concept, creating dance steps and getting people to participate with us -- everything facilely fit into place as the event draws near.Link
The event was jam packed with creative juices, showcasing different talents from acting, singing and dancing. Our performance turned out a success with a spice of comedic act when we did our version of the Grinch's story but what amazed me most was seeing the release of SFC Kuwait's station ID were I, luckily, became part of. (NOTE: Since Blogger can't seem to upload the video, I'm putting the link here: Christmas Is About Love Video)

Then, after only a few days when I thought it's high time for a vacation from the community, came another colorful event that I thought I definitely wouldn't miss for the world, even though I'm currently attacked by the flu monster -- the Pasko sa Embassy 2011 organized by SFC Kuwait's Social Ministry aims to share the spirit of giving to the hundreds (250+ to say the least) of female distressed OFWs staying in the Philippine Embassy to feel that they're not forgotten. The basement of POLO office were filled with different faces of Pinays who have different stories to tell. But for a short while, when the affair began, all you could see were happy faces filled with glee and laughter that would remind you that Christmas is really here.

Although it's unfortunately sad to think that this would be the very first Christmas that I'm away from my family and friends back home, I somehow came to realize that what's more important is not the presence nor the material things but how we understand the true meaning of Christmas through the celebration of the spirit of love, joy and sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment