Sunday, December 11, 2011

Juan 2 Sawa Concert


It's been a month since I first heard that another set of Filipino artists would come to Kuwait to do a show, but unlike the previous one that I attended it wasn't free nor it was located inside a gorgeous hotel with dozens of freebies to be given away through its sponsors. Like any, the ticket fee was 3.5KD, coupled with the free rides inside the Sha'ab Park, but of course suffering the cold winter breeze that ranges from 10-13°C since it would be held in an open ground. I don't know who the hell conceptualized the idea that having the show in a leisure park is good with the current season in mind, but anyway it's probably all about the money. Considering those, I obviously didn't intend to see it even though I'd really like to see Richard Poon in person.

Luckily, my cousin wanted to see Sitti, one of the two artists and thought it's a good chance to spend his rare 2 and half days off from his job. He works in a hospital and it's not everyday that he'd get to have those free time. Bottom line, I ended up calling one of my friends for the tickets as I braced myself to see if this event would be successful as I initially thought it wouldn't be.

And just as I have imagined, the area wasn't as crowded or full as I have experienced before with the Allan K concert a few months ago. It was probably due to the two crazy factors I cited above, but anyway since I'm already there I took all the chance I got to entertain myself in taking their photos and listening to their music. Oh, have to say Richard Poon was really charming in person than on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment